Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Visionary Man

Ever since my best friend got herself Lasik surgery on her peepers, I've thinking about going under the laser myself. Then I had an interesting discussion with a bunch of my friends about glasses and appearances. We came to the conclusion that glasses aren't merely a device to aid a physical impairment, but they are also a fashion accessory. Curiously, other devices like hearing-aids and wheel chairs are not. Anyway, we realized that wearers of glasses are able to maintain an air of intelligence that might not be apparent without them. Not that I have as a main goal of having everyone thinking that I am really smart. I think it is the opposite. The glasses can act as a catalyst for conversation about intelligent "college-type" discussions. And at least my case, they give me a little confidence. And something to hide behind if I am a little shy that day. I think I just look better with them on. On the flip side of this, I've been wearing glasses for so long; I'm not used to me without them. I think I look a little weird.

So I ordered a set of frames last night (the old glasses are coming back, baby!) and maybe I'll think about the surgery in another year or so. In the mean time, I'll have a few sets of frames to wear. My usual ones and I'll break out the retro ones for special occasions.

No comments:

About this blog