Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This Space for Lent

Well, sports-fans, it's Lent again. Last year, I gave up a chunk of bitterness and it has stuck for the most part. Granted, I might have developed a bit of hope where there was none, but that's a different story.

Anyhoo...

So this lent, I'm giving up the caffine. All of it. The Mountain Dew for breakfast, the Dr. Pepper for lunch, the other Dew for dinner. The chocolate, the tylenol, the whole shooting match. At least I think the chocolate. Mostly, it is 40 days without the soda. Usually, I'm on Mountain Dew, but for the next 40 days (and possibly longer) it's













So far so good, although I felt like I was under water for most of the day. Ick. I'm gonna get another glass of OJ and hit the sack.

Remember, its good to give stuff up for a while.

5 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I'm sort of giving up caffeine as well. That's not for lent though, it was because I was sick for a little while and I don't drink sodas when I'm sick. Half of the sickness was caffeine withdrawals, half the fever. My sacrifice for the next 40 days is to no longer use the candy machine at work.

Anonymous said...

Chuck, I am very proud of you for giving up caffeine. If you'd like I'll be your sponsor. Call me any time you need a word of encouragement.

And your sideburns are sexy.

HeatherLynn said...

wow, johnson--this is huge for you. how goes it?

ADDollhouse said...

Bravo on the Caffeine. Maybe I will give that up... Maybe NEXT Lent. Right now I am just having a hard enough time with chocolate, and that is even going to be a Temporary one that I get BACK after Easter.

Mark J. said...

Well, it is going pretty good. I felt like I was under water for the first few days, but now, it's not so bad.

About this blog