Friday, April 27, 2007

Old Money.

We all know that there are two kinds of millionaires, those of 'old money' and those who are 'new money'. And then there is me. I have old money. I was getting fuel at the gas station and as part of my change, I get this thing:










For some reason, this 1935 dollar bill had worked its way back into circulation and was waiting for me at the local Circle K. Then it got me wondering about all the stuff it would have seen. Was it used to by gasoline for some body's old Oldsmobile back in the 30's? Was it stashed away during a shortage of WWII? Did somebody find it in the attic in the 80's? Maybe it was a bookmark? It could have been any number of a thousand places.

I wonder if people are like this goofy, ragged bill? They may not look like much or look like they are worth much, but once you know their stories and histories, they become priceless.

Or maybe they are sometimes named Bill.





*Is it legal to scan old bills? If so, I'll take it down.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sometime's I wonder too... Who's hand has the money been in? Rich? Poor?

Just like when we're stuck in traffic... where are all those people going? Is there someone waiting for them? Where are they coming from? Where the farthest they've been?...

Curious.

Anonymous said...

Hang onto that. It's not just a dollar bill, it's a Silver Certificate. Could be worth something.

About this blog